- What do you want your students in your school to know by the end of KS3? Why is this important?
- What are the historical topics that are fundamental for your students to know? Why are they so important?
- What are the topics that you will leave out of your curriculum? Why are they not important enough to include?
- What disciplinary knowledge (second order concepts) should students develop in each year? Why is this important?
- What substantive knowledge (first order concepts) should students develop in each year? Which concepts will they need to understand to make the most of GCSE and A-level?
- Are you being as ambitious as you can be for your students? Is there sufficient challenge in the curriculum you are setting?
- Does your curriculum reflect the diversity of your student body? Are there too many ‘great men’ making up your curriculum? How have you adjusted your curriculum to make it more representative of the BAME community?
- Do all your team share a clear vision for the history curriculum? Are they all able to articulate this if asked? Do the students know this vision?
- How does your curriculum build towards GCSE and A-Level? (