- KQ1 – Which three queens of England are most remembered in history and why?
This active and entertaining first session aims to provide pupils with a clear chronological overview of the last 500 years...Read More
- KQ2 – How different was life in England when the 3 queens were ruling?
Out of the window Children are shown three images of scenes from the different periods as seen through a window....Read More
- KQ3 – How do we know about the queens who lived so long ago?
Handling sources of evidence Having explored the range of visual sources available to historians studying the three queens, pupils actively...Read More
- KQ4 – What important changes happened when each of the queens ruled?
Change / Significance Starting with 3 short video presentations, pupils go on to research the key changes from each of...Read More
- Shang dynasty – KQ1 – Why do YOU think the Shang dynasty MIGHT be important?
Lively introductory session which creatively gets pupils to find things out for themselves and check their understanding using bells and...Read More
- What do we remember on Poppy Day / Remembrance Day?
This session revolves around a PowerPoint presentation which poses 6 significant questions, each designed to encourage pupils to think and...Read More
- Shang dynasty – KQ2 – How different was the Shang society to other civilizations at the time?
Using the expert/envoy technique to research and disseminate information from dossiers on a range of different aspects of Shang society,...Read More
- Shang dynasty – KQ3 – What can we tell about the Shang dynasty from the objects that have survived?
Here the focus is on developing enquiry-led learning which is as much about asking valid historical questions as it is...Read More
- Shang dynasty – KQ4 – Why has our understanding of the Shang dynasty changed so much in the last 100 years?
Opening up the tricky concept of interpretations of the past, this session enables pupils to grasp that history is always...Read More
- Shang dynasty – KQ5 – What was distinctive about the Shang people’s beliefs?
Having used a fast-aced Information Run activity to acquire the key points about Shang religion pupils are set the task...Read More
- Shang dynasty – KQ6 – If the Shang dynasty was so well organised why did come to an end after just 600 years and what makes it so special for people today?
Pupils compare 5 different simple textbook explanations, which they colour code, before building their own explanation, based on what seems...Read More