This a much shorter enquiry than the others, and comprises just three short activities
Having recapped the story of Mary’s life, ask pupils to work in small groups to generate adjectives to describe Mary’s character.
Pupils are then shown a list of pre-prepared adjectives on slide 2 of the Key question 3 PowerPoint. Which do they think are the most appropriate to describe Mary, and which aren’t applicable at all? Pupils cheer or boo as the adjectives appear!
Pupils have to match adjectives with actions using slide 4 of the PPt . Which action shows:
– She was brave when she walked under the rocks that fell down when looking for fossils
– She was clever because when could tell how all the bones fitted together in a dinosaur skeleton
– She was determined to do everything she could to get enough money for the family after her father died
– She was curious to know more about fossils and dinosaurs
– You will want to add your own examples too.
Using slide 5 show how the odds were stacked against Mary, yet she still managed to achieve so much for one